Little Sprouts Learning Center is an extension of the ministry to Preschool and Families at First Southern.
We are excited about the upcoming year! We have so many amazing things planned for your kids
Director of Preschool and Children's Ministries
Little Sprouts Learning Center is an extension of the ministry to preschool and families by First Southern.
- To lay an early foundation through the child’s continuing experiences, which will lead him/her toward the time he/she will be capable of accepting Jesus as his/her personal savior.
- To provide ministry to families.
- Provide a witness of Christ and His church to the children’s families.
- To provide an atmosphere in which a child can grow mentally, physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually to his fullest potential and support parents as they provide the same atmosphere at home.
Our weekday ministry offers a developmental program designed to help children develop according to God’s plan. A child’s growth and emotional well-being are best promoted by the teachers who love and care for children in the way that demonstrates God’s love and care. This concept is more than a religious idea, it crosses all denominational lines. In supporting and loving atmosphere, we observe that children quickly respond, showing love and care for each other and their parents.
Our teachers build daily lessons which include elements provided by the Oklahoma Early Learning Guidelines. These guidelines for development and growth allow our teachers to include elements such as art, Bible lessons, active play, science, math skills, and early literacy based on the age of each preschooler.
LS teachers use WEE LEARN early childhood curriculum to build their lessons.
- Each family will receive a name label for each child as well as a guardian label to be used at pickup.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, the labels will be pre-printed and handed to the parent/guardian upon drop-off at the child’s class.
- Doors will be unlocked at 9am allowing families to enter and will be locked at 9:30am for security.
- Only one adult will be allowed in with children enrolled in Little Sprouts. Any older siblings must wait in the Kids’ Center Lobby.
- Parents are required to wear a mask when entering the Kids’ Center for drop-off & pick-up.
- All teachers will wear smocks during the day while with children. These smocks are washed and remain at Little Sprouts.
- Extra precautions will be taken with toys and items touched by children during class time.
- Items are frequently wiped and sanitized as there is interaction with children and adults. (ie, walls, doorknobs, baby gates)
- During the pandemic, kids will be spaced out as available to allow for social distancing during activities.
More detailed information will be provided upon registration.
At this time, Little Sprouts is open to children 6 months (must be crawling/walking) through PreK (age 4 by Sept 1 of 2020).
These are provided upon registration of your child.
One-Time Enrollment Fee (non-refundable) $45 / child
2-Day Tuition (Tuesdays & Thursdays) $190 / 1st child
1-Day Tuition (Tuesday OR Thursday) $115 / 1st child
*Discounts for multiple children available.